Zhambyl rgn to vaccinate over 580 thou residents against COVID-19 by yearend
TARAZ. KAZINFORM – Vaccinations against the COVID-19 virus proceed in Zhambyl region, Kazinform correspondent reports.
Since February 1, 2021, the region has received 146,650 doses of the first component and 89,700 doses of the second component of the Sputnik V vaccine. 4 thousand doses of the Kazakh QazVac vaccine, 60 thousand doses of Hayat–Vax vaccine and 34 thousand doses of China’s CoronaVac vaccine have also been delivered to the region.
So far, the region has no reported any health complication related to the immunization. According to Asset Kaliyev, head of Zhambyl region’s health office, vaccinations against the COVID-19 virus proceed in the region.
134,182 residents of Zhambyl region have so far been given at least one component of COVID-19 vaccines and 67,919 – both components. Those received vaccines include health workers, teachers, security officers, students, social facility workers, civil servants, and persons with chronic diseases.
The region plans to vaccinate over 582 thousand residents to achieve herd immunity by the end of the year.
- Ukraine reports 14,634 new COVID-19 cases
- Cuba ramps up COVID-19 vaccination, paving way for full reopening
- UAE announces 97 new COVID-19 cases, 129 recoveries, 1 death in last 24 hours
- COVID-19 kills 140 more Iranians over past 24 hours
- Russia records all-time daily high of 37,930 coronavirus cases — crisis center
- Pavlodar region experiencing an increase in COVID-10 incidence rate
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis