World Athletics resumes Olympic qualification period
MINSK. KAZINFORM World Athletics resumed the qualification period for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games on 1 December, BelTA learned from the press service of the National Olympic Committee of Belarus.
The qualification period was suspended on 6 April due to the pandemic. Athletes who have already met the entry standard since the start of the qualification period in 2019 remain qualified, BelTA reports.
The qualification period in athletics will last through 29 June 2021.
As of 2 December, Belarusian athletes had 17 Olympic berths.
- New virus cases at almost 2-month low on fewer tests, infections slowdown
- COVID: High schools reopen in four more regions, ANSA
- Global coronavirus cases top 95 mln
- Brazil approves emergency use of Chinese Sinovac, AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines
- Death toll from earthquake in Indonesia climbs to 81
- Mass coronavirus vaccination campaign begins in Russia
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis