Warning in place as blizzard to batter N Kazakhstan rgn
PETROPAVLOVSK. KAZINFORM – Snow and strong wind are predicted for February 23-24 in North Kazakhstan region, Kazinform correspondent reports.
According to the regional office of the National Weather Forecaster Kazhydromet, heavy snow will fall in some areas of the region in the afternoon of February 23. Blizzard will also batter the region in places. Northeasterly wind turning southwestward blowing 15-20mps here and there as well as at 15-20mps, reaching up to 23-28mps in places, at night on February 24 is forecast. Gusts of up to 30 and over are expected as well.
Notably, today, February 22, temperature has dropped below minus 30 degrees Celsius in the region.
- Kazakhstani SCAT adds one more flight to Uzbekistan
- Kazakhstan 3-day weather forecast issued
- Kazakhstan to construct 5 new petrochemical plants by 2025
- 2,108 air passengers return to Kazakhstan with PCR tests
- Kazakhstan to build new gas plant at Kashagan this year
- Kazakhstan may ramp up oil production up to 86 mln tons
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis