Vinokurov: my win is a fairy tale
ASTANA-LONDON. July 29. KAZINFORM Kazakh cyclist Alexander Vinokurov said his dream to win the Olympics was realized, and called his victory in London a fairy tale, «Eurosport» informed.
A.Vinokurov after a hip fracture at the "Tour de France 2011" in the summer of last year announced the end of his sports career. But then the silver medalist of Olympics -2000 returned to the sport and won the group race at the Games 2012.
"This fairy tale realized for me and my family. It is a good present for my career. I did not think this could happen to me," A. Vinokurov said at the press conference.
- Gerassimenko of Kazakhstan reaches quarterfinal of ITTF event in Karaganda
- Astana announces roster for Memorial Marco Pantani
- Kazakhstan grabs 2nd win at Asian Women's Handball Championship
- Kazakhstan taekwondo fighter claims gold in Turkey
- Kazakhstani boxer Aidos Yerbossynuly in top-5 of IBF rankings after win by knockout
- Kazakhstani wins bronze at Asian Airgun Championship
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis