Vice PM of Kazakhstan warns underperforming universities to be closed
ASTANA. KAZINFORM - Vice Prime Minister of Kazakhstan Berdybek Saparbayev has warned administration of private universities and colleges they will be closed in case of unsatisfactory performance.
"Speaking of private universities and colleges. Minister Sarinzhipov and I have visited a couple of [universities] in Astana. Shame on you. This is all I can say. What kind of specialists do you train? What education do you offer? I want to warn the administration of these universities: get the things sorted out. Otherwise, the ministry will do it," Mr. Saparbayev warned at the enlarged sitting of the Ministry of Education and Science in Astana on Thursday.
According to the Vice Prime Minister, if those universities and colleges continue to demonstrate poor results or commit violations, they will be closed.
"The Ministry and the Prosecutor General's Office of Kazakhstan will check whether those universities and colleges meet the requirements, and if they don't', eventually, they will be closed," he added.
- Almaty to build 38 dorms by 2022
- Almaty hosts Republican Youth Forum ‘I Believe in Youth!’
- #STEAMUPKZ: Challenge for Schoolchildren and Students
- UNESCO Water Family: Cooperation in Education and Science in Central Asia
- Girl from Akmola region wins in int’l contest of drawings
- Dozens of Kazakhstani schoolchildren, teachers get COVID-19 since the start of academic year
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis