Vaccine development underway in China for novel coronavirus
BEIJING. KAZINFORM - Research and development of a vaccine for the novel coronavirus, which has caused a wider outbreak in China, is under way, a scientist from the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention said on Sunday, China Daily reports.
Scientists from the center have successfully isolated the virus, and are working to select the proper strain for vaccine production, Xu Wenbo, head of the center's viral disease control and prevention institute, said.
Research and development of a vaccine is complex work, which usually requires between two and three years before availability for use, he said, adding it is possible that a new vaccine may be developed within a few years in emergency conditions.
- Brazil approves emergency use of Chinese Sinovac, AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines
- Death toll from earthquake in Indonesia climbs to 81
- Mass coronavirus vaccination campaign begins in Russia
- Lockdown to be combined with nine-day countrywide voluntary testing in Slovakia
- Japanese PM vows to bring COVID-19 under control in Diet speech
- Chinese mainland reports 93 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis