UN officials get familiarized with Kazakhstan’s experience in returning its nationals from conflict zones
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – A round table «High-level dialogue on criminal prosecution, rehabilitation and reintegration of persons returned from conflict zones and their family members. Kazakhstan’s experience» took place at the Kazakh Foreign Ministry together with the UN Office on Drugs and Crime as part of the visit of Executive Director of the UNODC, Director-General of the UN Office at Vienna Ms. Ghada Fathy Waly, Kazinform cites the press service of the Ministry of Information and Social Development of Kazakhstan.
During the round table a report on the state of rehabilitation and reintegration of returned citizens of Kazakhstan from the zones of terrorist activity as part of the Zhusan operation was made by Deputy Chairman of the Religious Affairs Committee of the Ministry of Information and Social Development of Kazakhstan Baurzhan Bakirov.
The was event was joined by Assistant to the Kazakh President Yerlan Karin, Deputy Foreign Minister Akan Rakhmetullin, Chairmen of government bodies, international organizations, and diplomatic missions, and Elvira Azimova, Human Rights Commissioner, as a moderator.
Notably, the humanitarian operation Zhusan aimed at returning Kazakh nationals from the zones of terrorist activity began in 2019 with the help of which over 600 citizens, mostly women and children, have so far been repatriated.
- Japan set to put Tokyo, 12 other areas under COVID quasi-emergency
- Daily cases jump to over 5,000 for 1st time in 20 days amid omicron woes in S. Korea
- Researchers find gene variant protective against severe COVID
- Indonesia's parliament adopts bill to move capital to Borneo
- Expo 2020 Dubai visits cross 10 million
- Number of COVID-2019 cases across globe exceeds 325 million — WHO
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis