Turkmenistan prepares for summit of CIS Heads of State
ASHGABAT. KAZINFORM A meeting was held at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan with Deputy Chairman of the CIS Executive Committee Sergey Ivanov, Trend reports referring to the Turkmen Foreign Ministry.
Issues regarding the preparation for the meeting of the Council of CIS Heads of State, scheduled to be held on October 11, 2019 in the Turkmen capital of Ashgabat, were discussed, Trend reports.
The parties noted the systematic implementation of measures as part of the chairmanship of Turkmenistan in the CIS this year, the information reads.
The priority objectives within the concept of Turkmenistan’s CIS chairmanship are increasing the level of cooperation of the CIS with international organizations (including the UN and the OSCE), creating conditions for enhancing trade economic cooperation, and integration into global economic relations. The key areas of partnership in the CIS are energy, transport and communications.
Turkmenistan, referring to its status of permanent neutrality, decided to participate in the CIS as an associate member in 2005. In 1999, Turkmenistan withdrew from the agreement on visa-free regime with the CIS countries.
- President Tokayev congratulates Kazakhstanis on National Dombra Day
- China sends humanitarian assistance to Kazakhstan
- Int’l conference takes place on the eve of jubilee of Nursultan Nazarbayev
- Honorary Consulate of Kazakhstan opens in Paldiski
- Kazakh President took part in unveiling a monument to Nursultan Nazarbayev
- Kazakhstan and Ukraine debate investment cooperation issues
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis