Turkestan has never witnessed such revival in its centuries-old history – Nazarbayev
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – In the course of 30 years of its Independence Kazakhstan has managed to build one more ambitious object – the city of Turkestan, First President of Kazakhstan-Elbasy Nursultan Nazarbayev said Tuesday, Kazinform correspondent reports.
«Throughout the years of independence we’ve built one more ambitious object – the city of Turkestan. Turkestan hasn’t witnessed such revival in its centuries-old history. It has turned into a brand new, unique, eastern city,» Elbasy said during the Tuesday press briefing in Turkestan.
He noted that the architecture of the city boasts an ancient Turkic and modern touch at the same time.
«This is going to be a unique place not only for Kazakhstan, but for everyone,» said Elbasy, adding that the city has changed dramatically.
Earlier it was reported that Nursultan Nazarbayev had arrived in Turkestan to visit a number of social and cultural facilities there.
- Tokayev arrives in Ashgabat for state visit
- Kazakhstan’s Diyas advances to final of W80 Macon in US
- Zarina Diyas reaches semis of tennis tournament in US
- President ratifies Protocol on marine biodiversity conservation to Caspian Sea Marine Environment Protection Framework Convention
- Baikonur to extend COVID-19 quarantine
- Kazakh delegation pays working visit to Seoul
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis