‘Turkestan’ by Bobby Jones and Jack Stern discovered at the US Congress Library archives
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM ‘Turkestan’, the Broadway song hit in 1919, was discovered at the US Congress Library archives as a result of the Farab Library scientific research, the Instagram account of the Elbasy’s press service reads.
The song was performed by American Quartet. Its lyric was written by Bobby Jones, music by Jack Stern. As different archival sources say the album could have been written in 1906 or 1919.
As earlier reported, on May 11 First President of Kazakhstan –Elbasy Nursultan Nazarbayev visited the Turkestan regional scientific library Farab. Elbasy got acquainted with the FabLab digital laboratory outcomes, surveyed the rare books and manuscripts hall. The library boasts more than 480,000 books. The three-storey library covers 2,600 sq m.
- ‘A Hero’ can bring Farhadi Palme d’Or, return Iran to Oscar
- Dimash performs at Slaviaski Bazaar opening ceremony
- Archaeologists uncover remains of Jerusalem's wall destroyed 2,600 years ago
- Golden artifacts featuring kagans in crowns unearthed in E Kazakhstan
- 250 Kazakh cultural centres unveil worldwide
- Abai Uii Culture and Business Houses unveiled in 5 countries
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis