Tunnel blast injures 11 in northeastern Turkey
BAYBURT/ERZURUM. KAZINFORM - A blast injured at least 11 people Thursday in a highway tunnel construction site in northeastern Turkey, Anadolu Agency reports.
According to local authorities, initial findings showed that the explosion was caused by gas trapped in the tunnel under Mount Kop on the highway between the provinces of Erzurum and Bayburt connecting Eastern Anatolia to the Eastern Black Sea.
The Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD) and health teams were deployed to the area and ambulances rushed the injured to nearby hospitals.
Bayburt governor Cuneyt Epcim told Anadolu Agency that no one was trapped inside the construction site.
«Some of the injured suffered burns on their bodies due to the explosion,» Epcim said.
He noted that according to initial reports, there were eight injured, though the number had increased following searches in the area, with non in critical condition.
- Antiparasitic used in Brazil may slash COVID-19 viral load by 95%
- NASA explorer touches down on asteroid Bennu for sample collection
- Japan, China likely to resume travel this month
- Elderly more affected by COVID-19 due to high cell protein content — scientist
- UAE, US, Israel announce establishment of Abraham Fund
- Korean-born adoptee in U.S. finds her biological family after 44 years
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis