Traditional Turkish archery enters UN heritage list
ANKARA. KAZINFORM - Turkey's Foreign Ministry announced Thursday that traditional Turkish archery has been inscribed on UNESCO’s list of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity, Anadolu reports.
«The traditional Turkish archery nomination file has been inscribed on the UNESCO Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity as Turkey’s 17th element during the 14th session of the Intergovernmental Committee for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage held in Bogota, Colombia from Dec. 9-14, 2019,» the ministry said on Twitter.
The ministry said the Foundation of Archers, which has made important contributions to the revival of the traditional sport as well as the preparation of the nomination file, will perform an act of shooting.
«Turkey is determined to maintain its activities within UNESCO and continue to take steps towards promoting its cultural properties to the international community,» it added.
- Russia to allocate $1M for WHO’s coronavirus fight
- COVID-19 not «silver lining» for climate: UN environment chief
- France: Death toll from COVID-19 hits 8,078
- 5.57 mln Hubei people return to work
- Tiger in New York zoo tests positive for COVID-19
- Japan PM Abe to declare state of emergency amid surge in virus infections
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis