Tour of the Alps. Stage 1. Pello Bilbao is 4th, Nikita Stalnov is 5th
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM Two riders of Astana Pro Team finished next to the daily podium of the first stage of the Tour of the Alps, started April 22 in Austrian town Kufstein (144 km). Pello Bilbao finished 4th and Nikita Stalnov did 5th in a sprint from a reduced group.
After the breakaway of the day has been caught, Astana increased the pace in the main group immediately from the bottom of the last climb of the distance. Later, four riders attacked to open a gap of 10-15 seconds. However, Astana Pro Team continued pushing hard in front of the reduced group and, finally closed the gap with some 4 km to go. Despite several late attacks nobody could get an advantage and, thus, everything in this stage was decided in a sprint, won by the Britton Tao Geoghegan Hart ahead of Alex Aranburu, Roland Thalmann, Pello Bilbao and Nikita Stalnov.
The second stage of the race will be held April 23: 178.7 km from Reith im Alpbachtal to Schenna/Scena.
- 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup Board holds first meeting
- Federer tops Forbes’ 2020 list of highest-paid athletes
- The Ring ratings update: Gennady Golovkin No1 middleweight ranking
- Disabled kids to enjoy hippotherapy activities at Kazakh capital city
- Astana’s Alexey Lutsenko: We won virtual Giro with our heads
- EuroLeague Basketball decides to cancel 2019/2020 tournament’s remaining matches
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis