Tokyo reports 360 new cases of coronavirus infection
TOKYO. KAZINFORM - The Tokyo metropolitan government on Thursday reported 360 new cases of the novel coronavirus, up again from the 263 new infections confirmed the previous day, Kyodo reports.
The single-day figure brings Tokyo's cumulative total to over 14,600. The capital, which has a population of nearly 14 million and has the highest number of infections in the country, saw a record of 472 reported Saturday.
The daily figures reflect the most recent totals reported by health authorities and medical institutions.
After getting the outbreak under some degree of control in May, Japan has seen a resurgence in infections in recent weeks especially in urban centers such as Tokyo and Osaka.
The Tokyo metropolitan government is considering designating two hospitals to exclusively treat patients infected with the novel coronavirus amid the recent rise in cases, according to sources familiar with the issue.
- ANSA: Italy’s recovery to be slower than forecast in 2021 – BoI
- Russia records 24,326 new daily coronavirus cases
- Butantan Institute: CoronaVac trials reach final stage
- Roundup: U.S. adds 1 mln COVID-19 cases in 7 days
- New virus cases spike to over 300 again as greater Seoul comes under tougher virus curbs
- Germany 'optimistic’ over vaccine; Oxford-AstraZeneca results ‘fantastic’
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis