Tokayev on country’s economic growth outlook
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev talked about prospects for economic growth of Kazakhstan, Kazinform correspondent reports.
During a meeting of the Foreign Investors’ Council, the Kazakh President said that the global economic crisis also affected Kazakhstan with the external trade turnover standing at $85bn last year – 13% less than in 2019.
He expressed satisfaction that Kazakhstan’s non-primary exports fell only by 2.8% and stood at $15bn. He added that during the year of crisis it was possible to attract over $18bn of DFI.
In his words, last year 41 investment projects worth $1.6bn were commissioned with international participation. Over 7 thousand jobs were created.
«Kazakhstan’s economic growth picks up as well as the global economy. The government predicts the growth of 3.5% or more. Aside internal consumption and investments the economic model also considers exports as a key factor of economic development,» said the President.
- 2021 Urker Awards nominees announced
- President makes a number of appointments in Kazakh Armed forces
- Youth summit ‘Turkestan – cradle of Turkic world’ convenes in Turkestan
- SCCI, Kazakhstan discuss promising investment opportunities
- Kazakhstan keeps sanitary and epidemiological situation under control
- Kazakhstan may toughen quarantine due to India’s COVID-19 strain
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis