The Magyars celebrated ancient Turkic holiday Karascun
TEMERIN. KAZINFORM The Hungarian Foundation Magyar-Turan celebrated the ancient Turkic holiday Karascun, known in Kazakhstan as Nartughan, Kazinform refers to RTV.
The Hungarian Foundation Magyar-Turan marked the winter solstice and its key ceremony was organized in Temerin, Serbian RTV TV Channel reports. Those attending perform traditional shamanic songs, make a fire and go hunting with birds. They make fire to help light overcome the longest night in the year.
Karascun is considered as one of the key holidays of Tengriism. Nowadays it is celebrated in Hungary.
- Astana Opera’s artists victorious at numerous prestigious int’l competitions
- Thracean University inaugurates Abai’s Corner
- China's earliest palace discovered in 5,300-year-old ancient capital
- World ballet masterpieces at Astana Opera
- Hungarian scientists to study remains of warrior unearthed in Kazakhstan
- Renowned Kazakhstani opera singer Maira Mukhamedkyzy has new job
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis