The key is to protect women’s and children’s rights, Kazakh President
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev expressed his opinion on the draft law «On counteraction to domestic violence», Kazinform reports.
According to President’s press secretary Berik Uali, «The draft law «On countering domestic violence» caused fierce disputes in society. Burning issues should be debated widely. Its initiators should reconsider approaches, it is crucial to take all opinions into consideration.
The main goal of the draft law is to protect women’s and children’s rights,» the President’s Twitter post reads.
Kazakhstan has been making steps recently to tighten the punishment for domestic abuser and decrease the level of domestic violence across the country. The draft law comes at the time when the Kazakhstani society is triggered by the problems of domestic abuse.
- 5th-grade student receives gift from Kazakh President in Pavlodar rgn
- President amends law on issues of Caspian Sea-based activities
- Tokayev held meetings with members of the National Council of Public Trust
- Weekly Digest with highlights of President Tokayev’s working week released
- It is a tragedy for the entire country, Kazakh President condoles over death of children
- President receives Minister of Digital Development, Innovation and Aerospace Industry
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis