Tatarstan declares national mourning on May 12 after school shooting
KAZAN. TATAR-INFORM-KAZINFORM – President of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov has declared May 12 as the day of national mourning following a horrific armed attack on a secondary school in the capital city, Kazan, Kazinform has learnt from Tatar-Inform.
According to the latest reports, 8 people died and at least 21 were injured as a result of the school shooting in Kazan. An individual reportedly opened fire at school №175 at around 9:20 am local time earlier this morning. The attacker was detained. All those injured have been hospitalized.
President of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov, Prime Minister Alexei Pesoshin, Head of the President’s Office Asgat Safarov, Minister of Internal Affairs of Tatarstan Artyom Khokhorin and Prosecutor of Tatarstan Ildus Nafikov all rushed to the scene to survey the aftermath of the tragedy.
It was announced that the families of the victims will be provided with all necessary assistance, including the financial one.
Earlier it was reported that Elbasy Nursultan Nazarbayev sent a telegram of condolences of President of Russia Vladimir Putin on the occasion of the school shooting which entailed multiple victims among schoolchildren.
- Clinical trials of new Kazakhstani COVID-19 vaccine kick off
- Kazakhstan announces national tennis team’s roster for Tokyo Olympics
- Kassym-Jomart Tokayev receives President of LUKOIL Vagit Alekperov
- Kazakhstan plants 81.5mln trees
- Kazakh Government approves 2025 occupational safety action plan
- PM orders to step up work to reduce pollution levels in Kazakhstan
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis