Students across Asia Pacific join Global Action Day climate change protests
SYDNEY. KAZINFORM Thousands of young student activists from across the Asia-Pacific region, including Australia, Japan, South Korea and India, on Friday held protests to demand action to stop the climate crisis as part of a worldwide Global Action Day.
In small groups and respecting safe distances due to COVID-19, schoolchildren in Australia led campaigns in cities such as Sydney, Melbourne or Perth under the slogan «Finance our future, not gas» in reference to the polluting energy policy of the Australian Government, EFE reports.
- Iran breaks single-day record of virus deaths with 337
- Global COVID-19 cases top 40 mln -- Johns Hopkins University
- Rains, floods, landslides kill over 80 in Vietnam
- Belarus to complete ID roll-out by 2030
- S.Korean pupils take more in-person classes amid eased social distancing rules
- ANSA: Italian PM presents more anti-COVID measures
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis