Sochi 2014: Kazakhstan to face strong competition for short-track medals
SOCHI. KAZINFORM - Kazakhstani biathletes will be the first to compete for medals at the XXII Winter Olympic Games in Sochi today, Kazinform correspondent reports.
Galina Vishnevskaya, Elena Khrustaleva, Darya Usanova and Marina Lebedeva will each cover the distance of 6km in women's relay. The event will be held at the Laura Cross-country Ski and Biathlon Center at 20:30 p.m. Astana time.
The fate of the short-track medals in men's 5000m relay will be decided at 24:00 p.m. Astana time. Abzal Ashgaliyev, Aydar Bekzhanov, Aslan Daumov, Nurbergen Zhumagaliyev and Denis Nikisha are expected to vie in the event at the Iceberg Skating Palace against Russia, China, the Netherlands, the USA, Italy, Canada and South Korea.
- New president of Nur-Sultan Football Federation named
- UEFA Football in Schools programme to run until 2024
- CIS Games may become first big sport event after pandemic
- Construction of track-and-field arena soon to finish in Nur-Sultan
- 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup Board holds first meeting
- Federer tops Forbes’ 2020 list of highest-paid athletes
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis