Snow leopard captured on camera in Aksu-Zhabagly mountains
TURKESTAN. KAZINFORM The red-book snow leopard once again was caught on the trail camera in October in the mountains of the Aksu-Zhabagly state nature reserve park, the Ecology, Geology and Natural Resources Ministry’s press service reports.
The trail cameras are represented by the UNDP GEF-the Forestry and Wildlife Committee of the Kazakh Ministry Project on preservation of forest ecosystems. Unique images of the red-list animal were made at a height of 2,900 m above the sea level. The images are valuable and of great importance for further research of snow leopards’ habitat area and the rare animals’ population. As is known, there are only 120-130 leopards in Kazakhstan, unfortunately their number is decreasing.
- Kazakhstan’s Kolsai kolderi National Park declared UNESCO Biosphere Reserve
- Head of State informed on work to set up National Geological Survey
- 50,000 doses of QazVac vaccine arrived in Turkestan rgn
- Kazakh Ecology Minister elected Chairman of CIS Interstate Ecological Council
- Kazakhstan and Germany discuss environmental protection projects
- More than 700,000 vaccinated against coronavirus in Turkestan rgn
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis