Shymkent attracts 1 trillion worth of investment in 2 years – mayor
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – Shymkent has attracted 1 trillion worth of investment since gaining the status of the city of republican subordination, its akim (mayor) Murat Aitenov said Friday, Kazinform reports.
«It’s been just over two years ago since First President-Elbasy Nursultan Nazarbayev decreed to transform Shymkent into the city of republican subordination. Before signing the decree, Elbasy noted that Shykment will become the center promoting the development of not only Kazakhstan, but the whole Central Asian region. At present that historical decision opens new opportunities for the future of our nation,» mayor Aitenov said at the press briefing of the Central Communications Service.
In his words, two years ago the volume of industrial output of the city totaled 319 billion tenge. Today it exceeds 523 billion tenge. Aitenov also revealed that the new status helped the city attract 1 billion tenge worth of investment.
Over 1.3 million square meters of housing has been commissioned in the city over the said period. More importantly, the city’s budget has grown from 131.2 billion tenge to 455.4 billion tenge.
- Kazakhstan welcomes entry into force of Treaty on Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons
- Reading Abai art-album presented in Baku
- Belarus, Kazakhstan seek closer cooperation in exchange trade
- 10 test positive for COVID-19 upon arrival to Kazakhstan
- Kazakh-born woman named Acting Chief of Protocol of the United States
- 291 COVID-19 patients in critical condition in Kazakhstan
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis