Senate Speaker applauds approval of new Latinized Kazakh alphabet
ASTANA. KAZINFORM - Senate Speaker of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev called the approval of the new Latin-based script of the Kazakh alphabet ‘a historical milestone', Kazinform reports.
"On February 19, 2018 the Head of State signed the Decree on the new Kazakh alphabet. This is a historical milestone. I wholeheartedly congratulate everyone!" Speaker Tokayev tweeted.
He also posted the Latinized version of his tweet later.
2018 jylǵy 19 aqpanda Elbasy qazaq tiliniń jańa álipbıi týraly Jarlyǵyna qol qoidy. Bul tarıhı mańyzǵa ıe oqıǵa. Barshańyzdy shyn júrekten quttyqtaımyn!— Kassym-JomartTokayev (@TokayevKZ) 20 февраля 2018 г.
It is to be recalled that the President of Kazakhstan signed the Decree on amendments to the decree he inked in October 2017 on the switchover of the Kazakh language from the Cyrillic script to the Latin-based one.
- COVID-19: Over 250 new cases in Kazakhstan
- COVID-19 recoveries exceed 5,500 in Kazakhstan
- Health Minister thanks health workers, policemen and volunteers for selfless work
- President Tokayev receives Information Minister Aida Balayeva
- Over 60 people drowned in Kazakhstan since beginning of 2020
- Kazakhstan reports over 50 COVID-19 recoveries
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis