Senate Speaker and Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and all Russia meet
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM Kazakh Senate Speaker Maulen Ashimbayev as part of his working trip to Moscow met with Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and all Russia, the Senate’s press service reports.
The Speaker handed Patriarch Kirill of Moscow an invitation on behalf of President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev to take part in the forthcoming Congress of the Leaders of the World and Traditional Religions slated for next September.
The sides debated preparations for the Congress ahead.
Ashimbayev said that six congresses were held for the past 18 years. The interfaith forum of Kazakhstan became an acknowledged dialogue platform. The theme of the forthcoming congress is The role of the leaders of world and traditional religions in the post-pandemic spiritual and social development of humanity.
The parties also noted traditionally high level of relations between Kazakhstan and Russia.
In his turn, Patriarch Kirill expressed gratitude to the Head of State and accepted the invitation to attend the Congress. He also noted significant role of the First President of Kazakhstan -Elbasy in strengthening independence and building an efficient model of peace and consent. The Patriarch highlighted great contribution of the Head of State in preserving continuance of this policy and further strengthening of social accord the countrywide.
- Kazakhstan and Kuwait launch direct air service
- AIFC takes part in Kazakhstan Trade and Investment Forum at Dubai World Expo 2020
- Kazakhstan ratifies agreements on military-technical assistance with Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan
- Online Kazakhstan Film Week opens in London
- Book ‘Kazakhstan-30 Years of Development’ presented in Riyadh
- Photo exhibition dedicated to Day of First President of Kazakhstan opened in Lithuania
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis