SCO mission starts work in Azerbaijan
BAKU. KAZINFORM - The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Observer Mission began its observational work on the preparation and conduct of early parliamentary elections in Azerbaijan on Feb. 3, 2020 at the invitation of the Azerbaijan Foreign Affairs Ministry, Trend reports with reference to SCO.
SCO Deputy Secretary-General Sherali Saidamir Jonon heads the mission.
The mission includes representatives of the legislative, executive and electoral bodies of the SCO member states, as well as officials of the SCO Secretariat.
Members of the mission will conduct observation in Baku, the settlements of the Absheron Peninsula, the cities of Sumgayit, Shirvan, as well as in the territories adjacent to them.
The mission's work will focus on studying the readiness of polling stations, organizing pre-election campaigns, monitoring the voting process, counting votes, as well as polling those who have voted, representatives of candidates and other observers.
The SCO mission operates in Azerbaijan from Feb. 3 to 10, 2020 in accordance with the Regulations on the SCO Observer Mission at Presidential and/or Parliamentary Elections and Referendums.
The early parliamentary elections in Azerbaijan will be held on Feb. 9, 2020.
- Azerbaijan to use drones for disinfection
- Azerbaijan declares special quarantine
- Six more test positive for coronavirus in Azerbaijan
- Azerbaijani Embassy in Kazakhstan launches hotline due to coronavirus
- Woman quarantined in Azerbaijan after arriving from Iran died
- Sahiba Gafarova elected new chair of Parliament
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis