‘Saiga’ campaign kicks off in Kazakhstan
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – The large-scale campaign dubbed «Saiga» has kicked off in Kazakhstan, Kazinform cites the press service of the Ministry of Ecology, Geology, and Natural Resources.
The campaign’s aim is to strengthen the work toward detecting and combating organized criminal groups engaged in poaching of saiga and other forms of wildlife for derivatives .
The campaign that involves 224 inspectors, 68 off-road vehicles, 37 KUNG vehicles, 23 snowmobiles, 2 Berloga trucks is to last up until 31 December 2020.
Notably, in 2019, 47 cases of saiga poaching were detected in Kazakhstan.
- Baikonur extends quarantine until Feb 1
- Mesmerizing: Kazakh teen skates to Zack Gray’s Try on frozen Caspian Sea
- 71 new cases of COVID-like pneumonia registered in Kazakhstan
- 599 people recover from COVID-19 in Kazakhstan in past 24 hrs
- Kazakhstan reports almost 1,000 new COVID-19 cases
- Newly re-elected PM Askar Mamin vows Government will work efficiently
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis