São Paulo to receive 5 mln doses of CoronVac in October
BRASILIA. KAZINFORM - The state of São Paulo is expected to receive 5 million doses of the CoronaVac in October. The vaccine is being developed by the Butantan Institute in partnership with China’s pharmaceutical firm Sinovac Biotech. The announcement was made by state Governor João Doria on Facebook on Sunday, Agencia Brasil reports.
Forty-six million doses should be available by December, Doria reports. The expansion of the vaccines will be possible courtesy of technology transfer from the pharmaceutical firm to the institute, which will then start producing the vaccine.
Last Monday (14), the state government announced that the institute is starting works to expand facilities in November, in order to speed up vaccine production.
CoronaVac is currently in stage three of human testing. The tests, under the responsibility of the Butantan Institute, started being conducted in Brazil in July and will be applied on 9 thousand volunteers. The testing was distributed across 12 research centers in São Paulo, Brasília, Rio de Janeiro, Minas Gerais, Rio Grande do Sul, and Paraná.
- Antiparasitic used in Brazil may slash COVID-19 viral load by 95%
- NASA explorer touches down on asteroid Bennu for sample collection
- Japan, China likely to resume travel this month
- Elderly more affected by COVID-19 due to high cell protein content — scientist
- UAE, US, Israel announce establishment of Abraham Fund
- Korean-born adoptee in U.S. finds her biological family after 44 years
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis