Rybakina wins first round of Qatar Total Open 2020
DOHA. KAZINFORM - Kazakhstani tennis player Elena Rybakina, No. 17 in the world rankings, has successfully started her performance at the prestigious tournament in Doha (Qatar), Kazinform reported with the reference to Sports.kz.
In the first round, her opponent was Romania's Sorana Cirstea. Rybakina dropped the first set 6-3 to Cirstea before roaring back to close out the match 6-3, 6-1.
In the second round the Kazakhstani athlete is facing Belgium's Alison Van Uytvanck.
It should be noted that the prize pool of the WTA tournament in Doha is $3 240 445. The current winner of the tournament is Elise Mertens of Belgium .
- More COVID-19 recoveries reported in Kazakhstan, total at 71,609
- Another day for Astana sprinters at Tour de Pologne Stage 2
- New cases of pneumonia registered in Kazakhstan
- Number of COVID-19 recoveries exceed 70,000 in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan records less new COVID-19 cases
- Inclement weather forecast for most regions of Kazakhstan
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis