Rybakina reaches WTA 1000 doubles event final for the first time in career
INDIAN WELLS. KAZINFORM – Kazkahstan’s top seed Elena Rybakina paired with Russian Veronika Kudermetova has advanced to the final of the Indian Wells Doubles, Kazinform cites the press service of the Kazakhstan Tennis Federation.
In the doubles semifinal match the Kazakh-Russian tandem beat Ukrainian Lyudmyla Kichenok and Latvian Jeļena Ostapenko 6-4, 6-3.
The match lasted for 1 hour and 16 minutes. Rybakina and Kudermetova fired three aces, made one double fault, and saved six break points of 14.
The Kazakh-Russian duo is to meet Hsieh Su-wei of Taiwan and Elise Mertens of Belgium – the second seeded pair of the tournament – in the final.
Notably, Rybakina lost to Yulia Putintseva of Kazakhstan in the second round of the Indian Wells Singles.
- Kazakhstan’s Zhumagulov suffers KO loss to Manel Kape in UFC fight
- US President Joseph Biden congratulates Kazakhstan on 30th anniversary of independence
- Kazakh Head of State holds meeting with reps of int’l investment companies
- Kazakhstan’s gross agricultural output decreased
- Kazakhstan suspends flights to Egypt starting Dec 3
- Kazakhstan sweeps 8 medals at Asian Junior Judo Champs
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis