Revived Silk Road to reduce delivery time of goods from China to Europe
TALDYKORGAN. KAZINFORM - It is planned to revive the historic Silk Road on the basis of the highway "Western Europe - Western China", the International Centre for Cross-Border Cooperation "Khorgos" and the relevant special economic zone, this has been announced by deputy Mayor of Almaty region Serik Turdaliyev at a briefing in CCS of Taldykorgan town.
According to Mr. Turdaliyev, the "Silk Road" would reduce the delivery of goods from China to Europe from 40 to 14 days.
He informed that a new international center of boundary cooperation "Khorgos" has already started operation in the region. In addition, the construction of "The dry port" in the special economic zone "Khorgos - Eastern Gate" is under completion. Deputy Mayor of Almaty region said that the projects will create 31 thousand jobs for local population.
- Government to take measures to build investors and trading partners’ confidence
- COVID-19: Epidemiological situation in Taldykorgan unstable
- 144 projects launched in 2021 under Kazakh Industrialization Map
- Astana International Exchange and Euroclear Bank launch Enhanced Settlement Service
- 410 people contract COVID-19 in Almaty region
- Almaty region reports a sharp surge in COVID-19 cases
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis