Protests, riots sweep US with curfews, National Guard deployed
MINNEAPOLIS. KAZINFORM Protests and unrest took over the streets of many United States cities again on Saturday, with Minneapolis, Minnesota, as the epicenter, where crowds of people demonstrated against police brutality despite a curfew in place.
Around 30 cities, from Los Angeles to Chicago, passing through Cleveland, Washington DC and New York, were the scenes of protests against the death of 46-year-old African American man George Floyd, who died at the hands of the police on May 25 in Minneapolis, EFE-EPA reports.
- Melbourne begins new lockdown amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Russian Defense Ministry’s clinical trials of COVID-19 vaccine enter final stage
- Avigan study fails to demonstrate benefit in COVID-19 treatment
- Independent evaluation of global COVID-19 response announced
- Lockdown in major state as India COVID-19 cases soar
- 2 dead, 28 injured in hospital fire in South Korea
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis