President orders to rename South Kazakhstan region into Turkestan region
ASTANA. KAZINFORM - Head of State Nursultan Nazarbayev has decreed to rename South Kazakhstan region into Turkestan region, Kazinform has learnt from the Akorda press service.
President Nazarbayev signed the Decree "On some issues of the administrative-territorial division of the Republic of Kazakhstan" on Tuesday renaming South Kazakhstan region into Turkestan region.
Additionally, the city of Shymkent was granted the status of the city of national significance.
The decree shall come into effect since the day of its official publication.
- Kassym-Jomart Tokayev receives President of LUKOIL Vagit Alekperov
- Kazakh Government approves 2025 occupational safety action plan
- PM orders to step up work to reduce pollution levels in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan plans to boost electric vehicle numbers
- Some Kazakhstanis violate stay-at-home regime – Minsiter Tsoi
- Kazakh PM instructs to take additional measures as CIS countries see rising COVID-19 cases
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis