President Nazarbayev mourns untimely passing of Nelson Mandela
ASTANA. December 6. KAZINFORM President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev has sent a telegram of condolences to President of South Africa Jacob Zuma on the occasion of the loss of Nelson Mandela, Akorda's press service reports.
The Head of State noted that it is with great sorrow he took the news of untimely passing of the greatest son of South Africa Nelson Mandela.
"President Nelson Mandela was a man of unyielding resolve who devoted his life to the fight against discrimination and apartheid, who built a new democratic state before the eyes of the world. He was a true inspiration to many to fight for their freedom, he infused hope into people's hearts. Mandela will be remembered as the symbol of national liberation movement and independence of the African people," the telegram reads.
In conclusion, Nursultan Nazarbayev extended his heartfelt condolences on behalf of the people of Kazakhstan to South Africa.
Nelson Mandela passed away at the age of 95 following an illness he had been battling for many months.
- President congratulates Kazakhstani scientists who developed Covid-19 test systems
- Reuven Rivlin invited Kassym-Jomart Tokayev to visit Israel
- President praised Kazakhstanis’ signing national anthem from balconies
- Head of State holds telephone talks with President of European Council
- President inks decree on conscription persons liable for military duty for special trainings
- Astana Opera praises President for addressing economic, social issues during state of emergency
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis