Philippines to re-impose strict lockdown in Manila amid surge in infections
MANILA. KAZINFORM - A strict lockdown will be re-imposed in the Philippine capital and its adjoining provinces following an appeal by the medical community for more effective measures to curb transmission rates amid an increase in coronavirus infections which have already surpassed 100,000, the government announced early Monday.
«I fully understand why our health personnel demand a break. They have been on the front line for months and are exhausted,» said President Rodrigo Duterte in a televised speech approaching midnight as viewers anxiously awaited the announcement of new measures following an emergency cabinet meeting on Sunday.
- US pavilion construction at Expo 2020 to complete in November: Envoy
- ANSA: Italy registers 1,350 new COVID-19 cases, 17 more deaths
- Number of coronavirus cases worldwide up by almost 2 mln in one week — WHO
- New virus cases smallest in over 1-month, virus fight at critical juncture ahead of Chuseok in S Korea
- São Paulo to receive 5 mln doses of CoronVac in October
- 50,000 daily COVID cases by mid-Oct: Top UK scientists
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis