Parliament approved renaming of Astana as Nursultan
ASTANA. KAZINFORM Today, at the joint sitting of the chambers, the Parliament of Kazakhstan has adopted a decision to rename the capital of the country Astana as Nursultan.
"We have just conceptually approved this draft law. No remarks were submitted. I suggest approving this draft law. Please, vote. The decision has been adopted," said Chairman of the Majilis Nurlan Nigmatulin.
At the instruction of President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, it was decided to rename the capital without a referendum.
Astana has been officially renamed as Nursultan.
- Parliament adopts Government report on republican budget execution for 2020
- Kazakhstani economy rapidly recovering, PM
- 2.8 mln Kazakhstanis get COVID-19 vaccine 1st dose
- Joint session of Kazakh Parliament’s Chambers kicks off
- Emirati-Kazakh Parliamentary Friendship Committee holds first virtual meeting
- Kazakhstan, Poland to strengthen interparliamentary dialogue
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis