Parliament approved renaming of Astana as Nursultan
ASTANA. KAZINFORM Today, at the joint sitting of the chambers, the Parliament of Kazakhstan has adopted a decision to rename the capital of the country Astana as Nursultan.
"We have just conceptually approved this draft law. No remarks were submitted. I suggest approving this draft law. Please, vote. The decision has been adopted," said Chairman of the Majilis Nurlan Nigmatulin.
At the instruction of President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, it was decided to rename the capital without a referendum.
Astana has been officially renamed as Nursultan.
- MPs of Turkic -speaking countries prepare for jubilee meeting
- Majilis Chairman, TurkPA Secretary-General discuss coop
- Majilis Speaker participated in ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly meeting via videoconference
- Astana Opera announces plans for the season
- Majilis terminates powers of 3 MPs
- Kazakh Head of State receives Majilis Speaker
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis