Parliament approved renaming of Astana as Nursultan
ASTANA. KAZINFORM Today, at the joint sitting of the chambers, the Parliament of Kazakhstan has adopted a decision to rename the capital of the country Astana as Nursultan.
"We have just conceptually approved this draft law. No remarks were submitted. I suggest approving this draft law. Please, vote. The decision has been adopted," said Chairman of the Majilis Nurlan Nigmatulin.
At the instruction of President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, it was decided to rename the capital without a referendum.
Astana has been officially renamed as Nursultan.
- Kazakh Parliament concludes 5th session of VI convocation
- Joint session of Kazakh Parliament chambers set for next week
- Majilis Speaker attends CSTO PA session
- Kazakh Senate Speaker holds talks with Japanese Ambassador
- Elections of Senate deputies slated for mid August - CEC
- Senate deputies partake in OSCE PA conference
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis