Parliament approved renaming of Astana as Nursultan
ASTANA. KAZINFORM Today, at the joint sitting of the chambers, the Parliament of Kazakhstan has adopted a decision to rename the capital of the country Astana as Nursultan.
"We have just conceptually approved this draft law. No remarks were submitted. I suggest approving this draft law. Please, vote. The decision has been adopted," said Chairman of the Majilis Nurlan Nigmatulin.
At the instruction of President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, it was decided to rename the capital without a referendum.
Astana has been officially renamed as Nursultan.
- Dariga Nazarbayeva meets with Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev
- Kazakh Majilis Speaker addresses CSTO PA sitting
- Senate Speaker and Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and all Russia meet
- Kazakh Majilis Speaker, TURKPA Secretary General have talks
- Tajikistan to receive military equipment from Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan to render military and technical assistance to Kyrgyzstan
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis