Park named after Abai opened in Antalya
ANTALYA. KAZINFORM – An opening ceremony of a park and plaque honoring the prominent Kazakh poet and thinker Abai has taken place at the initiative of the Kazakh Embassy in Turkey as part of the poet’s 175th anniversary celebrations, Kazinform cites the press service of the Foreign Ministry of Kazakhstan.
While addressing the attendees of the ceremony, Abzal Saparbekuly, Kazakh Ambassador to Turkey, conveyed his gratitude for the support in opening the park and expressed confidence that such events would only strengthen the relations between Kazakhstan and Turkey.
In his turn, Muratpaşa Municipality Mayor Ümit Uysal noted that naming the park after Abai shows spiritual and cultural ties between Kazakh and Turkish nations.
Notably, this year Kazakhstan has announced August 10 as the Day of Abai.
- Kazakhstan: COVID-19 PCR tests mandatory for all inbound passengers from Oct 26
- Kazakhstan falls in updated FIFA ranking
- Upcoming parliamentary election is important in building solid democratic institutions – President
- ATP 250 Astana Open to kick off in Nur-Sultan on Oct 25
- President calls on increasing women’s share in senior positions up to 30%
- Kazakh President instructs to introduce child wellbeing index
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis