Over 508,000 people get 1st jab of COVID vaccine in Almaty region
TALDYKORGAN. KAZINFORM – Over 508,000 people have received their jabs of COVID vaccine in Almaty region, Kazinform correspondent reports.
According to the regional sanitary and epidemiological control department, 29,694 laboratory confirmed cases of the coronavirus infection have been recorded in the region as of July 21. Of these, 19,028 people had corresponding symptoms of the novel coronavirus.
In the past 24 hours Almaty region registered 160 new cases of the coronavirus infection. Of 160, 138 are symptomatic and 22 are symptomless COVID-19 cases.
27,335 people recovered from the novel coronavirus in the region since the start of the pandemic. 42 people have been discharged from local infectious hospitals after recovering in the past day.
Since the beginning of the year 508,063 people have been vaccinated with the first component of COVID vaccine. 283,119 jabs of the second component have been administered as well.
Recall that the vaccination campaign kicked off across Kazakhstan on February 1, 2021. Kazakhstani healthcare workers were the first in line to get the vaccine against the coronavirus infection. Overall vaccination started on April 2, 2021. Citizens of Kazakhstan eligible for vaccination and willing to vaccinate can choose from a number of anti-COVID vaccines, including the homegrown QazVac vaccine.
- COVID-19: Brazil reports 34.4k cases, 643 deaths in 24h
- FDA panel backs COVID-19 booster dose for elderly, high risk groups
- 944 locals vaccinated against COVID-19 in 24 hr in Atyrau rgn
- 4,200 doses per minute: India's record-breaking vaccination pace
- Over 7.2 mln get COVID-19 vaccine 1st jab
- COVID-19: Some 3.4 million over-50s not vaccinated
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis