Over 50,000 die of COVID-19 in England in 1st half of 2021
LONDON. KAZINFORM - More than 50,000 people in England have died due to the coronavirus in the first half of 2021, according to official statistics released on Monday, Anadolu Agency reports.
The Office of National Statistics (ONS) data shows that a total of 51,281 deaths were seen in the country between Jan.2 and July 2 this year.
The data also shows that, 38,964 of those who died did not have any COVID-19 vaccine and 11,677 others had only single dose.
The number of those who died after having two doses is 640, a number that corresponds to 1.2 % of the deaths, the ONS said.
The average age of those who lost their lives after receiving two doses is 84.
A total of 214,701 deaths, which were not related to COVID-19, were seen in the same period in England.
- Death toll from floods in southern India rises to 28
- New virus cases hit 3-month low; eased rules on private gatherings in force
- Iran imports 6m more doses of COVID19 vaccines
- Olympic flame for 2022 Beijing Winter Games lit in Ancient Olympia
- 168 fresh daily cases of COVID-19 reported in Pavlodar rgn
- 235,000 get COVID-19 vaccine 1st dose in Atyrau region
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis