Over 2.26B coronavirus vaccine shots given worldwide
ANKARA. KAZINFORM Over 2.26 billion doses of coronavirus vaccines have been given worldwide so far, figures compiled by Our World in Data, a tracking website, showed on Thursday.
China leads the global count with over 824.86 million jabs, followed by the US with 304.75 million, Anadolu Agency reports.
India has administered 236.86 million shots, Brazil 74.81 million, the UK 69.25 million, Germany 57.89 million, France 40.84 million, Italy 39.89 million, Mexico 35.17 million, and Russia 31.61 million.
Turkey ranks 10th on the list with over 32.41 million doses given, followed by Spain, Indonesia, and Canada.
The country with the most doses administered by population is the East African island nation of Seychelles, with 138.83 doses per 100 people.
Most COVID-19 vaccines are administered in two doses, so the number of shots given is not the same as the number of individuals fully vaccinated.
- COVID-19: Cluster of Delta variant cases in north Italy
- Hungary 1st country in EU to recognize Kazakhstan’s vaccine passports
- Nearly 1.05bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China
- Almost 700 treated for COVID-19 in Atyrau region
- Kazakh PM got vaccinated against COVID-19
- Slovakia’s recovery and resilience plan gets green light
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis