Over 18 mln doses of vaccine delivered to Kazakhstan since start of 2021
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM An official spokesperson of the sanitary and epidemiological control committee of the Kazakh Healthcare Ministry Yerzhan Baitanayev briefed on the coronavirus vaccination the countrywide.
«Above 18,5 mln doses of the vaccine, including 9.4 mln doses of the 1st component and 9.1 mln doses of the 2nd component, were delivered to the regions since February this year. As of today, 7,884,798 people that is 79.1% of eligible population were administered the 1st jab, while 6,942,756 or 69.6% were fully vaccinated against coronavirus infection,» he stated.
He said that the Healthcare Ministry jointly with the local executive bodies and concerned state authorities adopted the complex coronavirus immunization plan. It includes vaccination process, studying of international practice, digitalization of prophylactic immunization and public awareness. The complex plan was approved by the protocol as of February 9, 2021.
He stressed that today Kazakhstan ranks 2nd intra-CIS in vaccination rates and 42nd the worldwide. There are five vaccines against COVID-19 are available in Kazakhstan. The WHO suggests immunization of 40% of population by the year end, 70% in 2022.
- Kazakh President awarded Bitaraplyk Order of Turkmenistan
- Cuba ramps up COVID-19 vaccination, paving way for full reopening
- UAE announces 97 new COVID-19 cases, 129 recoveries, 1 death in last 24 hours
- Russia records all-time daily high of 37,930 coronavirus cases — crisis center
- Kazakh, Turkmen Presidents hold talks in expanded format
- Pavlodar region experiencing an increase in COVID-10 incidence rate
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis