Official: COVID-19 kills 212 more in Iran
TEHRAN. KAZINFORM - Iran's Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Tuesday that some 212 more Iranians have died from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 17,617, IRNA informs.
Sima Sadat Lari said that, with the 212 new victims, the country’s total COVID-19 deaths mounted to 17,617.
Some 2,751 new cases of infection with the COVID-19 were found over the past 24 hours, some 1,560 of whom have been hospitalized, she added.
Sadat Lari noted that a total of 314,786 Iranians have been confirmed infected with the COVID-19, some 272,535 of whom have recovered and were discharged from hospital.
Some 4,132 other COVID-19 patients are in critical condition and being treated in intensive care units, the spokeswoman said.
She added that 2,560,374 tests have so far been carried out in Iran.
- ANSA: Italy registers 1,350 new COVID-19 cases, 17 more deaths
- Number of coronavirus cases worldwide up by almost 2 mln in one week — WHO
- New virus cases smallest in over 1-month, virus fight at critical juncture ahead of Chuseok in S Korea
- São Paulo to receive 5 mln doses of CoronVac in October
- 50,000 daily COVID cases by mid-Oct: Top UK scientists
- COVID-19-like pneumonia: Kazakhstan reports 20 new cases, 1 fatality
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis