Nursultan Nazarbayev launches first trading session on AIFC Exchange
ASTANA. KAZINFORM - President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev launched the first trading session on the Astana International Exchange of the Astana International Financial Centre, Kazinform correspondent reports.
"Earlier, we used to see Wall Street tickers on television. And it is now in Kazakhstan, and we will watch it at home. I declare the first trading session on the AIFC Exchange open. I congratulate everyone on this momentous event. I wish you great success in our further work!" the President said at the launching ceremony, after which he struck a symbolic gong.
Thus, unconditional trading in ordinary shares and conditional trades in the global depositary receipts of Kazatomprom National Atomic Company JSC have started at the AIFC Exchange. Unconditional trading in Kazatomprom's global depositary receipts will begin on November 19, 2018.
"We have executed a successful IPO, proving the status of the world uranium industry leader, and have become the first company listed on the Astana International Exchange," said Galymzhan Pirmatov, CEO of Kazatomprom National Company.
It is to be recalled that Nursultan Nazarbayev launched the Astana International Exchange (AIX) by striking a gong on July 5. The Astana International Exchange was established in 2018 as part of the development of the Astana International Financial Centre. AIX's shareholders include AIFC, Goldman Sachs, the Shanghai Stock Exchange, the Silk Road Foundation, and the NASDAQ, which also provides AIX's trading platform.
The AIFC Exchange provides equal access to local and global brokers. Currently, ten local brokerage companies and one of China's biggest brokers are authorized as members of the AIFC Exchange.
- President appoints deputy chairmen of Agency for Strategic Planning and Reforms
- President endorses law on protected areas
- Kazakh President expresses condolences to Emir of Kuwait
- Renewable energy jobs continue growth to 11.5 million worldwide: IRENA
- President partook in online meeting focusing on charity and volunteering
- Turkey unveils new economic program for 2021-2023
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis