Nurkanat Azhikanov wins Kazakhstan’s third Olympic license in karate
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – Kazakhstan’s karate practitioner Nurkanat Azhikanov has earned the qualification for the upcoming Tokyo Olympics, becoming the third Kazakhstani karateka to book the Olympic spot, Kazinform has learnt from Olympic.kz.
Azhikanov clinched gold in Men’s -75kg weight class at the Olympic qualification tournament which is underway in Paris these days.
That means that Team Kazakhstan has three karate licenses for the Tokyo Olympics. Earlier karate practitioners Darkhan Assadilov and Moldir Zhanbyrbay earned their respective licenses.
In total, the Kazakh National Olympic Team boasts 70 Olympic licenses in 26 sports.
- Tokyo Olympics: Kazakhstan’s Karimi 14th in Men’s Artistic Gymnastics
- Kazakhstan plans to purchase one more vaccine from China
- Kazakhstan’s Shvedova and Golubev lose in Mixed Doubles event at Tokyo Olympics
- Health Ministry: Every second adult in Kazakhstan fully vaccinated
- Lack of COVID-19 beds likely in some regions of Kazakhstan – Tsoi
- COVID-19 incidence rate up in every region of Kazakhstan – Health Minister
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis