Nur-Sultan to host UNWTO Summit Oct 9-11
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM From October 9 to 11, 2019, the Kazakh capital will host the VIII UNWTO Global Summit of Urban Tourism on «Smart Cities – Smart Destinations», Kazinform reports citing the press service of the Mayor’s Office of Nur-Sultan.
The summit is organized by Nur-Sultan Mayor’s Office and the UNWTO and will focus on sustainable development, accessibility, urban management, innovations and technologies. At the same time, special attention will be paid to including tourism in the broader city agenda as a means to make tourism a true contributor to the development of inclusive, resilient and sustainable cities.
Thematic panel sessions, roundtable meetings and working sessions will be held for discussing unequal distribution of tourist flows, brain drain, migration, unemployment and security.
A master-class on meetings industry will be organized during the Summit by the UNWTO Academy and the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA).
More than 700 delegates from 30 countries are expected to arrive in Nur-Sultan for the event.
Additional information and registration is available on official website of the Astana Convention Bureau www.astanacb.com in the section 8th UNWTO Global Summit on Urban Tourism www.8gsutn-s.astanacb.com.
- UN chief underlines need to protect refugees and migrants in COVID-19 pandemic
- Burabai ranks top 3 most popular CIS resorts
- Kazakhstan to gradually resume international air service
- E Kazakhstan extends quarantine until Jun 13
- Construction of Zhoshy khan historical and cultural centre in Ulytau to complete
- We're working on reopening EU tourism June 15 - Di Maio
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis