Number of coronavirus cases worldwide exceeds 65 million - Johns Hopkins University
MOSCOW. KAZINFORM - The number of confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus worldwide exceeded 65 million on Thursday, according the US-based Johns Hopkins University, which relies on data from international organizations, federal and local authorities, TASS reports.
The US-based research university reports that at present, the global number of people infected with the novel coronavirus stands at 65,016,336, while the death toll has reached 1,502,728. Over 41,705,000 patients have already recovered from the disease.
The United States is the leading country in terms of confirmed novel coronavirus cases (14,086,016), followed by India (9,534,964) and Brazil (6,436,650).
According to Johns Hopkins University, Russia is ranked 4th in terms of reported positive COVID-19 cases.
To date, 2,375,546 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Russia, with 1,859,851 patients having recovered from the disease, according to the anti-coronavirus crisis center. Russia’s latest data indicates 41,607 fatalities nationwide.
- Russia reports 20,921 coronavirus cases over day, record low since November 11
- Biden to pursue policy based on dialogue: Experts
- Human embryos susceptible to coronavirus at early stages of development, scientists say
- Pfizer-BioNTech, WHO strike deal on 40M vaccine doses
- Near 26,000 under coronavirus treatment in Kazakhstan
- S. Korea reports 431 more cases of new coronavirus
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis