New mayor of Semey named
SEMEY. KAZINFORM – Former deputy akim (governor) of East Kazakhstan region Bakytzhan Baiakhmetov was appointed as the new akim (mayor) of Semey city, Kazinform has learnt from Semey News.
Born in 1970 in Almaty, Bakytzhan Baiakhmetov majored in Agriculture and Finance at Kazakhstani universities.
He began his professional career as an engineer back in 1992. In 2005-2008 he was the deputy akim (head) of Ayagoz district. From 2009 till 2010 he was the head of the construction department of Ust-Kamenogorsk city.
He held the post of the akim (mayor) of Ayagoz town in 2011-2014. Since December 2014 till April 2019 he headed Ayagoz district.
Since April 2019 prior to the recent appointment he served as the deputy akim (governor) of East Kazakhstan region.
- New Vice Minister of Ecology of Kazakhstan named
- Lawrence Hardy II arrives as USAID Regional Mission Director to Central Asia
- Yeldos Nashirali named Chairman of «Kazinform» INA» JSC
- Kazakh Vice Minister of Culture relieved of his duties
- Kazakh President visits Aktogay mining and processing complex
- Tokayev pays working visit to E Kazakhstan
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis