New head of National Security Committee department in Zhambyl rgn named
TARAZ. KAZINFORM Nurlan Karibzhanov is appointed the head of the Kazakh National Security Committee department in Zhambyl region.
Governor Berdibek Saparbayev introduced the new head of the department at the regular meeting of the regional operations headquarters. The Governor stressed that it is crucial to fulfill the tasks set at the previous sessions of the headquarters. The key is the people’s unity and peace. The main goal is to ensure people’s safety. People should feel safe, adults should go to work, children should attend schools, kindergartens.
Acting head of the regional police department Bakhyt Ratayev reported on the work done, detection and detainment of participations of the mass riots occurred early January and gunmen, withdrawal of weapons.
As stated there, 143 weapons were detected and withdrawn as of today.
Those attending also reported on the work of 31 checkpoints in the territory of the region.
- Checkpoints remain in place in some regions of Kazakhstan
- Mass riots in Kazakhstan: 711 on preventive detention
- 16 criminal cases into deaths, tortures and abuse of power initiated, General Prosecutor’s Office
- 31 detained amid mass riots, treated at hospitals, Interior Ministry
- Resolution of European Parliament is a hasty decision – MP
- Foreign Ministry issues statement on European Parliament resolution on situation in Kazakhstan
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis