New Defense Minister appointed in Kazakhstan
ASTANA. KAZINFORM - Nurlan Yermekbayev was named as new Minister of Defense of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Kazinform has learnt from the Akorda press service.
"The President of the country decreed to appoint Nurlan Yermekbayev as the Minister of Defense of the Republic of Kazakhstan," the Akorda's statement on Facebook reads.
Throughout his career Mr. Yermekbayev served as Kazakhstan's Minister to China, Vietnam and the Republic of Korea. He also held the post of the Secretary of the Security Council of Kazakhstan.
In September 2016, he was appointed as Kazakhstan's Minister for Religions and Civil Society Affairs.
Prior to the recent appointment he was the Secretary of the Security Council and assistant to the President.
- Covid-19 infected dies in Akmola region bringing total deaths to 7
- New President’s special representative at Baikonur complex appointed
- President holds telephone conversation with US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo
- Volume of foreign investment gross inflow in Kazakhstan reached $ 350 bln
- Kazakhstan reports 704 confirmed cases of coronavirus infection
- Number of coronavirus cases in Kazakhstan climbs to 697
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis