New craft works of Kazakh artisans submitted for Sheber crafts contest
ALMATY. KAZINFORM On May 29, 2014 in the UN House Almaty, the jury of the sixth contest of Kazakh artisans, "Sheber" evaluated 94 applications of 78 novice and professional artisans of Kazakhstan (37 women, 41 men) for the final tour of the contest.
The competition is a part of the program "Development of crafts and the revival of folk arts and crafts in Kazakhstan", developed in 2006 to preserve the cultural heritage of Kazakhstan by increasing the competitiveness of Kazakh artisans' products in domestic and international markets. The program is implemented by "Chevron", the Union of Artisans of Kazakhstan, the Public Fund «Our Heritage», and the Eurasia Foundation of Central Asia in partnership with the Ministry of Culture and Information of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the UNESCO Cluster Office in Almaty.
The "Sheber" competition has been held since 2009 to promote handicraft production in Kazakhstan, searching for the most talented and promising artisans, as well as informing the public about the achievements and capacities of domestic producers of handicraft products.
Winners and participants to the "Sheber" Kazakhstan national crafts competition are actively taking part in the UNESCO Award of Excellence for Handicraft Products in Central Asia programme. For artisans of Kazakhstan, "Sheber" is a trial run for craft items, which will then compete in the UNESCO Award of Excellence programme, UNESCO Almaty Cluster Office said.
- Beirut Int’l Women Film Fest grants best screen writer award to Iranian woman
- Kazakh short-length film awarded at Locarno Film Festival
- Shamshi Kaldayakov Museum unveils in Turkestan rgn
- Culture minister congratulates Kazakhstanis on Abai Day
- Abai Day celebrations to go online in light of pandemic
- Astana Opera to stage art masterpiece on Abai Day Aug 10
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis