McDonald's restaurant opened in Almaty (PHOTOS)
ALMATY. KAZINFORM - McDonald's restaurant opened in Almaty. It's the second McDonald's in Kazakhstan, the first one is in Astana.
During the opening ceremony head of Medeu district of Almaty Erzhan Zhilkibayev noted that opening of the restaurant allowed to create 150 new jobs and ensure additional taxation income in the future.
"It's a well-known brand and we are glad that it came to Kazakhstan and our city. This is an image of our district and the city. We will continue to support such projects," he said.
At the opening ceremony the restaurant rendered charitable assistance to "Meyirim" rehabilitation center in the amount of 5 million tenge.
The restaurant has over 200 seats and outdoor summer area.
It is planned to open the second restaurant in Almaty in autumn.
As of today, 36 thousand McDonald's restaurants work in 120 world countries providing jobs to about 1.7 million people.
- Almaty channels KZT 22.9 bln to fight COVID-19
- ResiliArt Debate: concert and cultural-event industry of CA during quarantine. Lessons learned
- 6,000 tons of waste collected on World Cleanup Day in Kazakhstan
- Quake shatters 407 km away from Almaty
- New deputy mayor of Almaty city named
- Kazakh doctor to perform unique children’s microtia surgery to restore hearing
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis